This one day workshop is aimed at Domiciliary care workers who care and support people, and their families who are approaching end of life care or have palliative needs. Its aims to support Domiciliary care workers to provide high quality care and enhance knowledge and skills within end of life care. There is a fee of £30 per person.
Learning Outcomes: Learners will be able to:
- Identify key communication skills and how to apply them in practice when discussing all aspects of End of life Care in accordance with individual’s preferences and wishes.
- Identify their roles and responsibilities in involving the individual, their relatives/carers in decisions about treatment and care including recognising when individuals may lack capacity.
- Recognise the dying process and common signs and symptoms observed during end of care and consider best practices.
- Recognise and identify the individual needs of those important to the dying person and ways in which to provide support both during and after death.
- Demonstrate a holistic and person centred approach to the identification and review of an individualised plan of care and other Advance Care Plans.
- Demonstrate how effective outcomes can be achieved through MDT and Multi-agency working practices for end of life care.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso